- British Values at Hednesford Valley High
- School Day
- Art & Design
- BTEC - Art and Design
- BTEC - Landbased
- BTEC - Retail
- BTEC - Travel & Tourism
- Food Technology
- Outdoor Learning
- Sensory Curriculum
- Wolverhampton Vocational Training Centre
- Enrichment Days
- Independent Travel
- Options Booklets
BTEC - Art and Design
BTEC First Certificate in Art
The programme encourages students to explore and enhance your artistic skills, techniques, knowledge and the opportunity to begin the development of an individual portfolio of art and design work. This is achieved through various projects using a range of different media and specialist equipment. The units focus on the essential elements in art and design which include drawing, painting, printmaking, 3D crafts and mixed-media.
Units offered include creative and practical research projects, developing a portfolio, and contextual references in art and design.
This course will allow you to experience a range of art, design and media techniques and gain a level 1 qualification in art and design.
The programme encourages you to explore and enhance artistic and media skills, techniques, and knowledge giving you the opportunity to begin the development of an individual portfolio of art, media and design work. This is achieved through set projects exploring a number of different topics.
The course covers drawing and painting, 3D design, ceramics, textiles, mixed media, pattern and print, graphics, photography, producing craft items and art history.
- Explore, experiment with and learn how to use specialist materials and techniques relevant to the brief.
- Develop your chosen specialist skills.
- Learn about, and record, the health and safety issues associated with the traditional and contemporary media, techniques and processes that you use.