- Risk Assessment for Cannock Chase High September 2020
- Sixth Form Transition
- Sixth Form Application Form
- Tutor Group Information
- Sixth Form Curriculum Map
- English Curriculum - Sixth Form
- Maths Curriculum - Sixth Form
- Work Experience and Employability
- 6th Form Power Point Presentation
- 16-19 Bursary Fund
- Post 16 Transport
- Sixth Form Newsletters
- Press Release
English Curriculum - Sixth Form
6th Form Accredited Courses;
The 6th Form offers a variety of courses depending on individual needs
OCR Life and Living Skills:
- This course offers a personalised and flexible learning programme
- It covers a range of personal, life, social and pre-employability skills with certification as students progress.
OCR Functional Skills Levels 1 & 2
- This course focuses on good communication skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- It assesses whether students can use their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in everyday situations.
- The Speaking, Listening and Communication component of this qualification is internally assessed by staff, and externally moderated by OCR. The Reading and Writing components of this qualification are externally set by OCR and externally assessed by OCR Examiners. This qualification is pass/fail.
OCR Entry Level Certificate (ELC) Entry Levels 1, 2 & 3
This ELC enables the learners to;
- Read a range of texts with some understanding
- Use the knowledge gained from reading to inform their own writing
- Write using standard English appropriately
- Use grammar correctly, punctuate and spell accurately
- Acquire an appropriate vocabulary in reading, writing and spoken language
- Understand and respond to spoken language
- And use spoken standard English where appropriate
At the end of the course the learners have to complete two reading tasks (40% of marks), two writing tasks (40% of marks) and one speaking and listening task (20% of marks)